Friday, November 14, 2008

Saint Augustine Harbor- November 14, 2008- Friday evening

Hi Readers,
I have had very limited access to internet and I previously wanted the blog to be in order by sequence of where our visits have been since late June 2008. I've found it too difficult to post regularly, so I will post when I can from now on and add pictures as soon as I can.

FLORIDA
Hooray for the warmth of Florida. Dan and I have loved all the places we have been- but as many of you have heard from us we have been cold for a long time! For anyone just stumbling upon this blog, Dan and Kathy Chevalier retired in 2008. Our first leg of an undetermined trip was to Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. There are some blog entries about those travels.  Check 2008.

The next leg of the trip brought us back to the East Coast and we have traveled along the coast since early September 2008 using the intracoastal waterway and a few hops into the Atlantic along the way.

Our current position is St. Augustine, FL on the east coast. We are anchored south of the Bridge of Lions in 15kn wind and often opposing current. Today was lovely and warm from early morning until now as I sit in the cockpit writing. What I see is the lights of the city and Anastasi Island ringing us. There are probably fifty cruising boats here and a few that look like permanent fixtures-old and deteriorating.

We were cautioned our first night that two anchors, bow and stern were needed in here to keep the boat from dragging at the changing tides, and we have done that although we worry about our two anchors fouling. Wish us luck!

So what is next? We plan to spend tomorrow, Saturday, in St. Augustine ashore sightseeing.









No comments: